Here you can find a list with the latest changes in SMPlayer:
SMPlayer 14.3.0 has been released
Summary of changes:
The fullscreen control has been improved. The annoying font scanning in Windows has been fixed. New presets for the audio equalizer. It has been added the possibility to play non-protected blu-ray discs (experimental). Better support for Youtube. Many bugfixes.
Previous version was 0.8.6, this new release is 14.3... What happened? Now the version is just the year and month of the release.
SMPlayer changesVersion 14.3
- The control for fullscreen mode has been rewritten and improved. Now it is displayed over the video.
- (Windows) New option in Preferences -> Subtitles to enable or disable the use of the Windows font directory.
Disabling this option prevents the annoying font scanning.
- Some presets have been added to the audio equalizer.
- (Experimental) Possibility to play (non-protected) blu-ray discs.
- Better support for multimedia keys. This can help control SMPlayer with a remote control.
- New option in the playlist preferences for adding automatically other files in the folder to the playlist.
- The option "Move the window when the video area is dragged" has been fixed.
- (Windows) Now it's possible to open Windows shortcuts (symlinks).
- Better support for Youtube.
- (Windows) Better screensaver disabling.
- Many bugfixes.
- Possibility to compile with Qt 5.
Youtube browser changesVersion 14.8
- (Linux) Fix playback when using MPlayer as player.
- The option 'record audio' has been fixed.
- New translations: Albanian, Slovak and English UK.
Learn interesting things about SMPlayer in our blog