Here you can find a list with the latest changes in SMPlayer:
SMPlayer 0.8.6.5949 (development version)
We improved the support for Youtube, for the VEVO videos. Now SMPlayer uses a new function that we believe it's not affected by the frequent Youtube changes. After installing the package, please use the option Update the Youtube code
in the Help menu, to be sure you're using the very latest version.
This package includes also an improved control for fullscreen and experimental support for blu-ray discs.
- SMPlayer can now update its internal Youtube code from internet so
it's not necessary to update smplayer everytime Youtube makes a change.
- A section "Updates" has been added to the preferences dialog, where
it's possible to configure or disable the update checker.
- SMPlayer could still fail to find some subtitles from
opensubtitles.org. Hopefully this is fixed.
- (Windows) The autoload of subtitles with non latin1 filenames has been
- The Windows installer gives the possibility to delete most of the
configuration files of smplayer. This can be useful if the configuration
files have been corrupted or smplayer has been misconfigured.
Linux users can use the command "smplayer -delete-config".
- Several other bugfixes. See the Changelog for details.
Due to changes in opensubtitles.org, smplayer couldn't find
subtitles anymore. This has been fixed.
The interface with support for skins is now the default.
An option to enter url(s) in the playlist has been added.
The options to change the size of the main window work now
even if the autoresize is set to never.
Two new options for Audio -> Stereo mode: Mono and Reverse.
The option "Move the window when the video area is dragged" is
now disabled by default because it has some issues that need to
(Linux) The problem with mplayer2 and the -fontconfig option has been
fixed (sort of).
New translation: Malay.
Some configuration options are changed to new defaults after installation
to ease upgrade from old versions.
Youtube browser changesVersion 1.8
- Adapt for Youtube changes.
- More options in the configuration dialog, now it's possible to select
the preferred region and period of time for the standard feeds.
- Fixed an important bug: if the search term contained a non ascii character,
the results from page 2 onwards were incorrect. This is fixed now.
- New translations: Croatian, Bulgarian, Vietnamese and Indonesian.
- The recently featured video list has been replaced by a list of
top rated music videos.
- New translations: Czech, Malay, Swedish, Turkish, Finnish and Georgian.
- The most popular video list is now refreshed.
- The most viewed video list has been replaced for recently featured
(the most viewed list is deprecated by youtube).
- The list of recordings is now saved.
- A button has been added to open the list of recordings.
- New translations: Hebrew, Portuguese (Brazil), Ukrainian and Norwegian Nynorsk.
- Adapt for Youtube changes.
Learn interesting things about SMPlayer in our blog