Here you can find a list with the latest changes in SMPlayer:
SMPlayer 16.1.0 has been released
Summary of changes:
Major changes since version 15.11.0:
- Fix for YouTube (VEVO videos).
- Possibility to add bookmarks in videos. [More info]
SMPlayer changesVersion 16.1
- Fix for YouTube.
- The screenshots work again with older versions of MPlayer/mpv.
- Possibility to add bookmarks (menu Browse), which allows to mark your favorite parts of the video for a quick access.
- New option 'Prevent window to get outside of screen' in Preferences -> Interface.
- Fix for YouTube.
- (Experimental) Support for YouTube live streams.
- The thumbnail generator is much faster now.
- New options to seek to the previous or next subtitle (mpv only).
- New option to select the image format for the screenshots (mpv only).
- Fix a crash when changing the GUI.
- New option that allows to center the window automatically.
- A tooltip is now displayed in the time slider with the corresponding time of the mouse position.
- (Find subtitles) New option to specify if the language code should be appended to the subtitle filename.
- (Windows) The main window will be centered if it's partially outside of the desktop after an auto resize.
- When adding files to the playlist the first item is moved to its correct place in the list.
- (Experimental) New action to start/stop capturing the playback stream. The captured stream will be saved to the folder specified in the smplayer.ini option capture_directory with the name capture_NNNN.dump. It only works correctly with mpeg. With other formats the dumped stream won't play back.
- Disable the extrastereo and karaoke filters when using mpv.
- Support for the 3D stereo filter.
- We added support for mpv, which is a player based on mplayer with new features and bug fixes.
- Now it's possible to select a secondary subtitle track which is displayed on top of the screen (mpv only).
- New option to set a template for screenshots (mpv only).
- Now it's possible to play videos from streaming sites (besides Youtube) like DailyMotion, Vimeo, Vevo and many more (mpv only).
- Option to step back one frame (mpv only).
- The Windows installer now allows to choose the playback engine to install: mplayer or mpv.
- Better support for YouTube (VEVO videos).
- Possibility to set a proxy.
- New action (assigned by default to key "I") shows the current playback time, total time and percentage, for 2 seconds on the OSD.
- Add the possibility to use the mouse buttons for "next chapter" and "previous chapter".
- New option to delete a file in the playlist from the filesystem.
- Support for MPRIS2.
- Possibility to compile SMPlayer without MPlayer or mpv support.
- The new H2O theme is now the default theme.
Learn interesting things about SMPlayer in our blog